Tuesday 12 August 2014

Book targets so far this year

I'm currently keeping a record of all the books I've read this year over on Pinterest (I also did it last year) It's interesting to me to see what I've read and it helps me keep a target in mind for how many books I would like to read in a year. The current aim is 52 books for the year (once each week) and I achieved that last year - whooo hooo! I'm on track for this year too as it is the 33rd week of 2014 and I've read 33 books!

During last year I also blogged each month about which books I'd read and a brief yay or nay quote about them but I couldn't be bothered to do that this year. Instead you will have to look at my Pinterest board :)


I will say though that if you ever spot Perfume by Patrick Suskind in a charity shop then grab it and read it. The writing is superb and the images it evokes are wonderful - well worth a read. Oh and I'm also going to watch the film version at some stage. It helps that Ben Whishaw is in it!

3 comments:

Lyn said...

I couldn't get into it....although I did read it all. Of course everything was about smell and I am a very visual person maybe that was the reason. xxx

sister outlaws said...

Wow! I'm impressed with your books on pinterest. Are you on goodreads as well? I findi t a great way to keep track of what I'm reading as well as what I want to read. I thought Perfume was terrific too.

dawn said...

I agree, it's a great book! :)